Monday, April 4, 2016

Re-Inventing "Old" Clothes


Outfit Details:
Band Tee Similar {Here & Here} | Sweater Similar{Here}  | Jeans Similar {Here} | Shoes Similar {Here} | Clutch | Hat

Running errands is something that happens on an extremely regular basis, I feel like we are always running out of something which results in packing both boys up and hitting the closest Target. And while we are there it's pretty much a necessity to check out all the clothes, am I right?

Anyway, my go-to outfits for running errands in the colder months is pretty much what's pictured above. A simple Tee Shirt, Sweater and Jeans. I like to do my best to look as put together as possible while not sacrificing comfort. And the beanie, well I hadn't washed my hair in a few days and it was looking a hot mess so I threw it on and out the door we went.

The best thing about this outfit is that I have had most of these pieces in my closet for years and I have had to find creative ways to re-wear them, as they are some of my favorite pieces. This is one of my favorite things to do, challenge myself to take pieces that have been shoved in the back of my closet for a while and bring them out and try to imagine a way to reinvent a certain piece. One thing I have come to realize is that it isn't about the amount of money you spend on your closet but on how to take the money you do spend and finding creative ways to piece outfits together.

A little fun story, the concert Tee I got when my then boyfriend, now husband, and I went to a Music Festival when we were freshly dating. Safe to say that this Tee shirt is very sentimental for me, I will wear it until it falls apart. I also got to meet the lead singer of that band that day as well!

My challenge to all of you is to rummage through the back of your closet, find an item that you haven't worn in a while and come up with a fun and unique way to style it today!

CHEERS!

Please Follow Along

No comments:

Post a Comment